What is the Clearing & Settlement Working Group (CAS-WG)
The aim of the CAS-WG is to debate and discuss all aspects of clearing and settlement infrastructures and processes. The organisation and operation will be similar to the MiFID Joint Working Group and its Subject Groups that operated in the build-up to the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), with the intention of bringing together the top industry standards bodies, trade associations, infrastructures, investment firms and companies involved in Clearing and Settlement.
The CAS-WG will provide an opportunity for open discussion and debate amongst senior market practitioners and service providers on issues affecting Clearing and Settlement.
More importantly, the aim is to create multiple specialist groups that will work on specific areas of interest- standards, technologies, reference data, custodial services, etc- between each of the main plenary meetings of the CAS-WG.
- EU’s Barnier Says Brexit Means Banks Lose EU Passporting
- Too-big-to-fail banks keep getting bigger
- Brexit: Banks to start shifting jobs from London
- NatWest admits online banking glitch as some customers struggle to log in
- HSBC slapped with record Hong Kong fine over sale of products linked to Lehman Brothers
- French bank to close far-right Front National's accounts
- Uber paid hackers $100,000, concealed data stolen from 57 million accounts
- India’s biggest banks are piling on the losses, and investors are loving it
- Italian banks face long, uphill road to modernization
- It's Frankfurt … and Paris: Goldman Sachs names post-Brexit hubs
- Future of Bitcoin limited by having no lender of last resort, BNP Paribas claims
- RBC GAM: blockchain will prevent us being Uberised