What is the Clearing & Settlement Working Group (CAS-WG)
The aim of the CAS-WG is to debate and discuss all aspects of clearing and settlement infrastructures and processes. The organisation and operation will be similar to the MiFID Joint Working Group and its Subject Groups that operated in the build-up to the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), with the intention of bringing together the top industry standards bodies, trade associations, infrastructures, investment firms and companies involved in Clearing and Settlement.
The CAS-WG will provide an opportunity for open discussion and debate amongst senior market practitioners and service providers on issues affecting Clearing and Settlement.
More importantly, the aim is to create multiple specialist groups that will work on specific areas of interest- standards, technologies, reference data, custodial services, etc- between each of the main plenary meetings of the CAS-WG.
- China's Best Bank Called 'Mirage' of Shadow Lending
- Financial markets rattled by Bank's Brexit Bazooka
- Banks are forgetting their social function
- Blockchain Is Banks' Secret Sauce
- Lloyds boss Antonio Horta-Osorio to express 'deep regret' to staff following affair allegations
- Big banks plan new digital currency
- The euro has destroyed the EU and led directly to Brexit
- Federal Reserve under growing pressure to reform system, goals
- Citigroup, AT&T end litigation over 'thanks'
- Urjit Patel: What issues face the new RBI governor?
- Contactless customers urged to 'check' before they tap
- Contactless cards grow in popularity as payments reach £9bn