What is the Clearing & Settlement Working Group (CAS-WG)
The aim of the CAS-WG is to debate and discuss all aspects of clearing and settlement infrastructures and processes. The organisation and operation will be similar to the MiFID Joint Working Group and its Subject Groups that operated in the build-up to the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), with the intention of bringing together the top industry standards bodies, trade associations, infrastructures, investment firms and companies involved in Clearing and Settlement.
The CAS-WG will provide an opportunity for open discussion and debate amongst senior market practitioners and service providers on issues affecting Clearing and Settlement.
More importantly, the aim is to create multiple specialist groups that will work on specific areas of interest- standards, technologies, reference data, custodial services, etc- between each of the main plenary meetings of the CAS-WG.
- Wirecard relied on three opaque partners for almost all its profit
- Metro Bank chair rebuked by judge in pet insurance case
- Names in the frame to be Bank of England governor
- Former Santander lawyer loses custody of her children for 'working too much'
- Visa profit jumps, lower cross-border volume weighs on shares
- A third of English people think Scottish bank notes are fake
- Lack of bank account 'costs £500 extra a year' in bills
- SoftBank Group looks to buy 5 pct of payment firm Wirecard: Bloomberg
- Financial Inclusion: Middle East & Africa
- The US stock market will stop its charge – perhaps with a sharp shock | Nouriel Roubini
- Revolut promises to grow up as it seeks new investment
- Wall Street brings new tech to old-school deals