What is the Clearing & Settlement Working Group (CAS-WG)
The aim of the CAS-WG is to debate and discuss all aspects of clearing and settlement infrastructures and processes. The organisation and operation will be similar to the MiFID Joint Working Group and its Subject Groups that operated in the build-up to the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), with the intention of bringing together the top industry standards bodies, trade associations, infrastructures, investment firms and companies involved in Clearing and Settlement.
The CAS-WG will provide an opportunity for open discussion and debate amongst senior market practitioners and service providers on issues affecting Clearing and Settlement.
More importantly, the aim is to create multiple specialist groups that will work on specific areas of interest- standards, technologies, reference data, custodial services, etc- between each of the main plenary meetings of the CAS-WG.
- Banks May Be Using Lehman-Style Trick to Disguise Debt
- Why David Drumm cooked the books at Anglo Irish Bank
- German asset managers demand 'unhindered access' to City of London in boost for Brexit Britain
- Iceland: From crisis to hotspot, 10 years on from the financial crisis
- Kenya’s bankers warn over ‘Robin Hood’ tax
- Business Brexit 'threats' are 'inappropriate' says Hunt
- US banks: stressed out
- Driver of City PR chief Roland Rudd quizzed by insider dealing watchdog
- The Rich Column: why private bankers need to appeal to millennials
- US banks pass financial stress tests
- Bank of England to get sweeping new powers as Chancellor says UK will not be a rule-taker from Brussels
- TSB failed to test IT system properly, suggests IBM