What is the Clearing & Settlement Working Group (CAS-WG)
The aim of the CAS-WG is to debate and discuss all aspects of clearing and settlement infrastructures and processes. The organisation and operation will be similar to the MiFID Joint Working Group and its Subject Groups that operated in the build-up to the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), with the intention of bringing together the top industry standards bodies, trade associations, infrastructures, investment firms and companies involved in Clearing and Settlement.
The CAS-WG will provide an opportunity for open discussion and debate amongst senior market practitioners and service providers on issues affecting Clearing and Settlement.
More importantly, the aim is to create multiple specialist groups that will work on specific areas of interest- standards, technologies, reference data, custodial services, etc- between each of the main plenary meetings of the CAS-WG.
- RBS could move BILLIONS abroad over hard Brexit fears
- Banks Are Eyeing $1.5 Trillion in Credit Card Secrets
- Research suggests bigger banks are worse for customers
- TSB online banking goes down again as customers complain after another outage
- Seven out of 10 people in UK now bank online
- Deutsche Bank hit by a wave of U.S. resignations while tech staff complain of low morale
- Ex-Barclays Trader Wins $190,000 Job at Bank That Fired Him
- RBS bankers knowingly sold 'total garbage' toxic mortgages, internal emails show
- New Zealand bans foreigners from buying homes
- Elon Musk's tweets investigated for possibly breaking law: reports
- TSB to double complaints team to handle fallout from IT fiasco
- German open-banking start-up raises $100m