What is the Clearing & Settlement Working Group (CAS-WG)
The aim of the CAS-WG is to debate and discuss all aspects of clearing and settlement infrastructures and processes. The organisation and operation will be similar to the MiFID Joint Working Group and its Subject Groups that operated in the build-up to the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), with the intention of bringing together the top industry standards bodies, trade associations, infrastructures, investment firms and companies involved in Clearing and Settlement.
The CAS-WG will provide an opportunity for open discussion and debate amongst senior market practitioners and service providers on issues affecting Clearing and Settlement.
More importantly, the aim is to create multiple specialist groups that will work on specific areas of interest- standards, technologies, reference data, custodial services, etc- between each of the main plenary meetings of the CAS-WG.
- New Zealand to target online giants with digital tax
- Problem gamblers are using PayPal to spend up to £150,000 a day
- Banks could easily stumble over Brexit and buybacks
- Tiger Global dumps Barclays stake in blow to Staley
- Russia's Gazprombank freezes accounts of Venezuela's PDVSA: source
- Can Trump's pick be stopped from leading the World Bank? | Larry Elliott
- Why Morgan Stanley acquired ‘Calgary’s best kept secret’
- Bank of America's Brexit bill hits $400m
- One in 10 support quick sale of government's RBS stake, poll finds
- Big tech disrupters may pose risk to financial stability, warns global regulator
- RBS profits more than double to £1.6bn
- Anxiety running high about London's future as a financial centre | Barry Eichengreen