What is the Clearing & Settlement Working Group (CAS-WG)
The aim of the CAS-WG is to debate and discuss all aspects of clearing and settlement infrastructures and processes. The organisation and operation will be similar to the MiFID Joint Working Group and its Subject Groups that operated in the build-up to the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), with the intention of bringing together the top industry standards bodies, trade associations, infrastructures, investment firms and companies involved in Clearing and Settlement.
The CAS-WG will provide an opportunity for open discussion and debate amongst senior market practitioners and service providers on issues affecting Clearing and Settlement.
More importantly, the aim is to create multiple specialist groups that will work on specific areas of interest- standards, technologies, reference data, custodial services, etc- between each of the main plenary meetings of the CAS-WG.
- Swiss competition watchdog probes suspected payment systems boycott
- Business leaders welcome cabinet Brexit approval as markets remain wary
- Nigeria dials up mobile banking revolution
- Financial services customers cling to paper statements
- IMF says governments could set up their own cryptocurrencies
- Australian court rejects regulator's record fine against Westpac
- Top law firm linked to subject of UK's first unexplained wealth order
- The scandal of Goldman’s secret agent
- Goldman Sachs bankers 'cheated' Malaysia over 1MDB: PM Mahathir
- Global share markets tumble amid fears the rise of big tech is over
- Overhaul of UK's poor banking culture is slow, admits standards chair
- RSA takes the axe to its less profitable insurance offerings