What is the Clearing & Settlement Working Group (CAS-WG)
The aim of the CAS-WG is to debate and discuss all aspects of clearing and settlement infrastructures and processes. The organisation and operation will be similar to the MiFID Joint Working Group and its Subject Groups that operated in the build-up to the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), with the intention of bringing together the top industry standards bodies, trade associations, infrastructures, investment firms and companies involved in Clearing and Settlement.
The CAS-WG will provide an opportunity for open discussion and debate amongst senior market practitioners and service providers on issues affecting Clearing and Settlement.
More importantly, the aim is to create multiple specialist groups that will work on specific areas of interest- standards, technologies, reference data, custodial services, etc- between each of the main plenary meetings of the CAS-WG.
- London Stock Exchange in good health ahead of Deutsche Boerse merger
- The EU cannot afford to offer the City a poor financial services deal
- California launches criminal probe into Wells Fargo account scandal
- ECB to discuss future of bond buying scheme in December
- Banks surge as FTSE 100 edges up
- Big Bang 30 years on: the sequel is still in production
- Investec traders lose appeal over £6m bonuses
- Spectral forms
- Subtract and divide
- German central banker claims Europe's economy will shrug-off Brexit
- California prosecutors open new front in Wells Fargo scandal
- Security breaches feared in up to 3.2 mln Indian debit cards: report