What is the Clearing & Settlement Working Group (CAS-WG)
The aim of the CAS-WG is to debate and discuss all aspects of clearing and settlement infrastructures and processes. The organisation and operation will be similar to the MiFID Joint Working Group and its Subject Groups that operated in the build-up to the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), with the intention of bringing together the top industry standards bodies, trade associations, infrastructures, investment firms and companies involved in Clearing and Settlement.
The CAS-WG will provide an opportunity for open discussion and debate amongst senior market practitioners and service providers on issues affecting Clearing and Settlement.
More importantly, the aim is to create multiple specialist groups that will work on specific areas of interest- standards, technologies, reference data, custodial services, etc- between each of the main plenary meetings of the CAS-WG.
- PayPal quarterly profit beats estimates, shares rise
- Top Morgan Stanley banker moonlighted as an Uber driver to try to win role on IPO
- Hundreds join growing list of Britain's ultra-rich
- American Express boosts full-year earnings forecasts
- Australia's NAB cuts 300 staff over wrongdoing
- EU members should be wary of stealing London's super-sized financial sector | Howard Davies
- HSBC to list shares in Shanghai in 'symbolic' move
- Goldman Sachs joins growing band of businesses snubbing Saudi conference
- Banks to check account names to beat transfer fraud
- City worker banned from every London pub for racist attack
- Growing corporate debt echoes 2008 crisis
- It's time to worry when the Bank hears echoes of the sub-prime crisis