What is the Clearing & Settlement Working Group (CAS-WG)
The aim of the CAS-WG is to debate and discuss all aspects of clearing and settlement infrastructures and processes. The organisation and operation will be similar to the MiFID Joint Working Group and its Subject Groups that operated in the build-up to the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), with the intention of bringing together the top industry standards bodies, trade associations, infrastructures, investment firms and companies involved in Clearing and Settlement.
The CAS-WG will provide an opportunity for open discussion and debate amongst senior market practitioners and service providers on issues affecting Clearing and Settlement.
More importantly, the aim is to create multiple specialist groups that will work on specific areas of interest- standards, technologies, reference data, custodial services, etc- between each of the main plenary meetings of the CAS-WG.
- J Coin: Japanese banks' virtual currency without the volatility
- City firms urge free trade agreement for financial services after Brexit
- Bank of England warns of 'pockets of risk' to growing £200bn consumer debt pile
- Redundancy payout nightmare after bank transfer error sends stranger money
- Deloitte hit by data breach
- Exclusive: SEC hackers accessed authentic data used by companies in tests - sources
- HBOS compensation chief criticised by Noel Edmonds insists he is independent
- Voice biometrics to be the 'front door' for all ANZ bank contact
- ABA to facilitate easier bank switching via code
- Using data analytics and tech in HR
- What Banks Can Learn From Nokia’s Demise
- Banks braced for Carney’s verdict on household debts