What is the Clearing & Settlement Working Group (CAS-WG)
The aim of the CAS-WG is to debate and discuss all aspects of clearing and settlement infrastructures and processes. The organisation and operation will be similar to the MiFID Joint Working Group and its Subject Groups that operated in the build-up to the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), with the intention of bringing together the top industry standards bodies, trade associations, infrastructures, investment firms and companies involved in Clearing and Settlement.
The CAS-WG will provide an opportunity for open discussion and debate amongst senior market practitioners and service providers on issues affecting Clearing and Settlement.
More importantly, the aim is to create multiple specialist groups that will work on specific areas of interest- standards, technologies, reference data, custodial services, etc- between each of the main plenary meetings of the CAS-WG.
- Why India's Paytm isn't afraid of WhatsApp
- Commonwealth Bank charged fees to dead clients, royal commission hears
- TransferWise becomes first non-bank to join BoE payment system
- Deutsche Bank's chief operating officer leaves amid raft of departures
- A recent history of Australia's banking scandals
- Lost home, fees for the dead - Australia banking inquiry hears testimony
- Japanese bank shares tumble on collapse of investment scheme
- IMF issues warning on global debt
- China Huarong shares halted as chairman investigated for suspected graft
- Morgan Stanley posts record first quarter profit
- Ant Financial’s $150bn valuation belies glaring risks for investors
- Lloyds boss wields axe again with 1,200 job cuts and 49 branch closures