What is the Clearing & Settlement Working Group (CAS-WG)
The aim of the CAS-WG is to debate and discuss all aspects of clearing and settlement infrastructures and processes. The organisation and operation will be similar to the MiFID Joint Working Group and its Subject Groups that operated in the build-up to the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), with the intention of bringing together the top industry standards bodies, trade associations, infrastructures, investment firms and companies involved in Clearing and Settlement.
The CAS-WG will provide an opportunity for open discussion and debate amongst senior market practitioners and service providers on issues affecting Clearing and Settlement.
More importantly, the aim is to create multiple specialist groups that will work on specific areas of interest- standards, technologies, reference data, custodial services, etc- between each of the main plenary meetings of the CAS-WG.
- Bank of England faces echoes of the 2007 crunch as Brits are back to their bad old habits racking up debt
- Bank of England poised to act as credit card market overheats
- Defiant Barclays digs in for US battle
- Italian government decree for Veneto banks delayed to Sunday: source
- House Democrats challenge Deutsche Bank over review of Trump's accounts
- Luxembourg’s politicians pin economic hopes on fintech drive
- U.S. regulators, lawmakers support Volcker rule revamp at hearing
- China's ICBC says checks of loans by big acquirers are routine
- Biggest U.S. banks clear first hurdle in Fed's annual stress tests
- Chinese banking watchdog probes 'systemic risks' of debt-fuelled empire builders
- Barclays and four former executives are charged with fraud
- Klarna, a Swedish fintech unicorn, gets a full banking licence