What is the Clearing & Settlement Working Group (CAS-WG)
The aim of the CAS-WG is to debate and discuss all aspects of clearing and settlement infrastructures and processes. The organisation and operation will be similar to the MiFID Joint Working Group and its Subject Groups that operated in the build-up to the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), with the intention of bringing together the top industry standards bodies, trade associations, infrastructures, investment firms and companies involved in Clearing and Settlement.
The CAS-WG will provide an opportunity for open discussion and debate amongst senior market practitioners and service providers on issues affecting Clearing and Settlement.
More importantly, the aim is to create multiple specialist groups that will work on specific areas of interest- standards, technologies, reference data, custodial services, etc- between each of the main plenary meetings of the CAS-WG.
- Moody's downgrades China for first time since 1989 as it warns financial strength will erode as debt mounts
- Google plans to track credit card spending
- Funding Circle wins approval from regulator in peer-to-peer boost
- Potential settlement in RBS £12bn rights issue trial hit by further delays as lawyers can't locate claimants
- Not just Bitcoin...
- China tech emerges as the global hotspot for VC capital
- OnDeck under pressure to make bigger cuts to cost base
- Transferwise's Borderless bank account lets you save money in different currencies
- Morgan Stanley to curb veteran adviser recruiting
- Barclays facing £1.6bn High Court lawsuit
- RBS on verge of avoiding embarrassing High Court battle as investors poised to agree to £200m settlement
- Bank of England Governor tricked by email prankster who conned Barclays boss Jes Staley