What is the Clearing & Settlement Working Group (CAS-WG)
The aim of the CAS-WG is to debate and discuss all aspects of clearing and settlement infrastructures and processes. The organisation and operation will be similar to the MiFID Joint Working Group and its Subject Groups that operated in the build-up to the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), with the intention of bringing together the top industry standards bodies, trade associations, infrastructures, investment firms and companies involved in Clearing and Settlement.
The CAS-WG will provide an opportunity for open discussion and debate amongst senior market practitioners and service providers on issues affecting Clearing and Settlement.
More importantly, the aim is to create multiple specialist groups that will work on specific areas of interest- standards, technologies, reference data, custodial services, etc- between each of the main plenary meetings of the CAS-WG.
- Amazon can go big in finance but is unlikely to open a bank, Goldman says
- Bank ready to act if UK faces disorderly Brexit, Mark Carney says
- The World's Most Profitable Banks Can Be Found in India
- Trump signs the biggest rollback of bank rules since the financial crisis
- Lloyds investors rebel against bank's executive pay report
- City jobs under threat as Deutsche Bank swings axe
- Deutsche Bank to slash more than 7,000 jobs; chairman survives revolt – as it happened
- Ulster Bank to put vertical bank notes into circulation
- Dutch payments group Adyen seeks valuation of up to €9bn in IPO
- No-Faks-checked approach costs Sberbank analyst his job
- US to ease crisis-era Dodd-Frank banking rules
- EU bankers step up warnings on threat from big tech