What is the Clearing & Settlement Working Group (CAS-WG)
The aim of the CAS-WG is to debate and discuss all aspects of clearing and settlement infrastructures and processes. The organisation and operation will be similar to the MiFID Joint Working Group and its Subject Groups that operated in the build-up to the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), with the intention of bringing together the top industry standards bodies, trade associations, infrastructures, investment firms and companies involved in Clearing and Settlement.
The CAS-WG will provide an opportunity for open discussion and debate amongst senior market practitioners and service providers on issues affecting Clearing and Settlement.
More importantly, the aim is to create multiple specialist groups that will work on specific areas of interest- standards, technologies, reference data, custodial services, etc- between each of the main plenary meetings of the CAS-WG.
- Virgin Money chief hits back at 'overblown' market reaction to house price warning
- 'Mission statement' and 'thought shower': The most hated office jargon revealed – and their translations
- Rise in personal loans dangerous, Bank of England official says
- Metro Bank launches £280m fundraise as lending growth accelerates
- SEC looks to deflate bubble in ‘Initial Coin Offerings’
- Plans to compare bank customer service
- Bank of England warns more defences may be needed against consumer credit
- Citigroup hosts investors for first time since the financial crisis
- Virtual campaigning changes Kenya vote
- Why you should pay in local currency
- Bitcoin goes arty
- Julius Baer hits post-crisis high as it draws £8.2bn in new money