What is the Clearing & Settlement Working Group (CAS-WG)
The aim of the CAS-WG is to debate and discuss all aspects of clearing and settlement infrastructures and processes. The organisation and operation will be similar to the MiFID Joint Working Group and its Subject Groups that operated in the build-up to the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), with the intention of bringing together the top industry standards bodies, trade associations, infrastructures, investment firms and companies involved in Clearing and Settlement.
The CAS-WG will provide an opportunity for open discussion and debate amongst senior market practitioners and service providers on issues affecting Clearing and Settlement.
More importantly, the aim is to create multiple specialist groups that will work on specific areas of interest- standards, technologies, reference data, custodial services, etc- between each of the main plenary meetings of the CAS-WG.
- Why is Deutsche Bank now the biggest worry in the financial world?
- If elected, Clinton under pressure to appoint tough Wall Street sheriffs
- Wealth of people in their 30s has 'halved in a decade'
- Bankers could have their phone calls recorded and kept for five years under tough new rules
- Deutsche Bank: From bombs and bravado to risks of a bailout
- German bank woes will dash Frankfurt’s great dream
- Deutsche Bank under pressure as hedge funds cut exposure
- Is another German bank in trouble? Commerzbank to cut 9,600 jobs and suspend dividend
- Warping the loom
- Down to earth
- Blockchain Will Be Used By 15% of Big Banks By 2017
- Banking business model is broken, analyst warns