What is the Clearing & Settlement Working Group (CAS-WG)
The aim of the CAS-WG is to debate and discuss all aspects of clearing and settlement infrastructures and processes. The organisation and operation will be similar to the MiFID Joint Working Group and its Subject Groups that operated in the build-up to the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), with the intention of bringing together the top industry standards bodies, trade associations, infrastructures, investment firms and companies involved in Clearing and Settlement.
The CAS-WG will provide an opportunity for open discussion and debate amongst senior market practitioners and service providers on issues affecting Clearing and Settlement.
More importantly, the aim is to create multiple specialist groups that will work on specific areas of interest- standards, technologies, reference data, custodial services, etc- between each of the main plenary meetings of the CAS-WG.
- UK-based fintech startup Revolut receives European banking licence
- Deutsche Bank shares surge on report Germany plans to fix bank's problems with merger
- Raining banknotes shut down German motorway
- ECB to halt €2.6tn stimulus plan despite eurozone slowdown concerns
- Man who stood in line to rob bank wearing mask and gloves wasn't queried because staff thought he may have skin condition
- Wall Street banks turn skittish on leveraged loans
- Computer genius built a fraud machine to con savings from hundreds of bank customers
- UK jury fails to reach verdict in insider trading case
- Guardian podcast: We need to talk about … the death of the high street
- UK property market at weakest since 2012 as Brexit takes toll – Rics
- Investment consultants to face greater scrutiny from regulators
- Disgruntled Westpac shareholders vote down executive pay over bonuses