What is the Clearing & Settlement Working Group (CAS-WG)
The aim of the CAS-WG is to debate and discuss all aspects of clearing and settlement infrastructures and processes. The organisation and operation will be similar to the MiFID Joint Working Group and its Subject Groups that operated in the build-up to the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), with the intention of bringing together the top industry standards bodies, trade associations, infrastructures, investment firms and companies involved in Clearing and Settlement.
The CAS-WG will provide an opportunity for open discussion and debate amongst senior market practitioners and service providers on issues affecting Clearing and Settlement.
More importantly, the aim is to create multiple specialist groups that will work on specific areas of interest- standards, technologies, reference data, custodial services, etc- between each of the main plenary meetings of the CAS-WG.
- UBS posts fourth-quarter pre-tax profit miss, sees bumpy road ahead
- European ETF trading increasingly automated as Mifid II takes hold
- Up to 25% wiped off house prices in some of UK's wealthiest areas
- North-east England will be hit hardest by no-deal Brexit, says CBI
- US hedge fund tycoon buys £95m house near Buckingham Palace
- Over 23,000 shops and 175,000 high street jobs predicted to go in 2019
- As China's economy falters, some fund managers look to bonds
- Pre-Davos survey shows sixfold rise in global CEOs' gloom
- IMF, CEOs sound warnings as leaders gather in Davos
- World leaders shun Davos amid crises at home
- Data dependent? Five questions for the ECB
- One thing to be grateful to Brexit for: Britons are buying less on credit