What is the Clearing & Settlement Working Group (CAS-WG)
The aim of the CAS-WG is to debate and discuss all aspects of clearing and settlement infrastructures and processes. The organisation and operation will be similar to the MiFID Joint Working Group and its Subject Groups that operated in the build-up to the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), with the intention of bringing together the top industry standards bodies, trade associations, infrastructures, investment firms and companies involved in Clearing and Settlement.
The CAS-WG will provide an opportunity for open discussion and debate amongst senior market practitioners and service providers on issues affecting Clearing and Settlement.
More importantly, the aim is to create multiple specialist groups that will work on specific areas of interest- standards, technologies, reference data, custodial services, etc- between each of the main plenary meetings of the CAS-WG.
- City watchdog warns lenders to prepare for 'rough weather' ahead
- Coutts star banker in sexual harassment claims
- Penny pitching
- European commission rebuked over ex-chief's Goldman Sachs job
- Payment fraud: Millions lost in money transfer trick
- HSBC pays women 60pc less than men in the UK
- Australia's competition watchdog sues Equifax for misleading consumers
- Co-op Bank 'draws line' under near-collapse and past scandals with pared-back losses
- SocGen deputy chief resigns over disagreement on legal matter
- Banking royal commission: document shows NAB bosses well aware of fraud
- Exclusive: Wells Fargo faces sanctions for auto insurance payouts - sources
- Banks avoid lavish Cannes property conference to guard reputations in the wake of Presidents Club scandal